Are you trying to decide between a fully customised kitchen renovation and a flat pack deal for your home improvement project? The speed and ease of a flat pack model can certainly be alluring, but you should remember that there are always some significant downsides to the easy option.
- Store bought kitchen renovations are inexpensive, making a full remodel possible without long periods of saving.
- With some luck, the process of ordering and installing flat pack furniture should be much simpler than completing a more traditional custom design kitchen renovation.
- With a flat pack service, you can see results in your home almost instantly. This is great if you need to alter your space before having guests over or don't have the patience to live through a months of disruption in your home.
- Flat pack furniture and cabinetry is a strictly off the shelf deal, meaning that the pieces are designed to suit the majority of spaces and users. These packages do not allow for a wide range of choice and often use low quality materials to reduce the price.
- Because flat pack kitchen renovations are designed to be installed by the user, you will miss out on the design and usability advice a professional carpenter can give you throughout your remodel. This lack of advice can be a problem as you might regret including specific components that can really improve the space.
- Flat pack kitchen renovations can be a great choice if you are looking to save money immediately, but low quality carpentry and cheap facades can entail significant costs down the road as your new space fails to withstand constant use.
Posted by: Charlie