Tips For Guest Bathroom Renovations In Melbourne
Many homeowners are opting to remodel their guest bathrooms because they want to ensure that visitors who come to stay are granted a luxurious bathing experience. Unfortunately, these bathroom renovations in Melbourne are generally much smaller than other rooms and it is important to keep this in mind when selecting fittings and fixtures. Use the following list of tips to help you remove the clutter from your renovation:
- If there is a bathtub in the room, remove it completely and replace it with a standalone shower. It is unlikely that any of your visitors will need to take a bath during their stay.
- If you would like to provide visitors with the luxury of having a bath (or if you regularly have children stay), opt for a combined bathtub/shower to help save space.
- Remove a sink that features cabinets underneath and replace it with one that has no cabinets but plenty of counter space, as this will be ample for visitors to store toiletries.
- Install a small shelf over the toilet where you can place extra toilet paper, towels and anything else that you think visitors may need, as they won't have to feel awkward about searching through cupboards.
- Paint the bathroom in lighter colours (especially if they are currently quite dark), as this will make the space seem much larger. Dark colours will make the space feel small.
- If you have opted to use wallpaper instead of painting make sure that you opt for small prints, as larger ones will make the room feel much smaller than it really is.
- Install bathroom mirrors across from each other, as the reflections will continue on endlessly. This helps to create a sense of depth and helps the room to feel more spacious.